KTM 790 Duke 2018
KTM’s new Duke 790 gets an entirely new frame and styling package to kick the competition right from the bottom.
- Starting with the all-LED lighting package, the Duke borrows many gizmos from its eldest sibling, the Super Duke.
- It gets the TFT dashboard with optional KTM MY RIDE to tether your phone with the bike, and the straight cut futuristic body panels will remind you of the Super Duke.
- The multicolored panel also adapts its illumination to the ambient light and gets racy when TRACK mode is selected.
- The tank spoiler acts as a multiple function surface of a spoiler and as an ergonomic surface for the knee ingress.
- Taillight mounted on the license plate holder comes off easily for track days, and KTM has purposefully made the 790 look sharp and fast giving it “clarity and the promise of a radically thrilling ride.”
- The airbox sits snugly inside the subframe, with the air intake on the sides.
- Adjustable handlebar and WP steering damper complete the front end.
- And the 2-into-1 exhaust unit is one of the best ones seen in the business put onto a production model.
- The cast aluminum footpegs keep things clean.
- Bar-end mirrors and Akrapovic exhaust units with carbon-fiber ends are optional.